Captain's House was built in 1903 as a one storey house. In 1936 the second floor was added as well as the extension with kitchen, bathroom and terraces.
The house is made of stone and thanks to 70 cm thick stone walls it has a pleasant microclimate.
The first floor area has surface of 55 m2 with a hall, double bedroom/living room, kitchen and large terrace. On the second floor area has surface of 55 m2, there are triple room, bouble room, bathroom with separate shower area and toilet and a small terrace.
The house is located about twenty meters from the sea, whereby it is distanced about 5 minute walk along the waterfront view from the nearest beach. Near the house there are several restaurants, cafe bars, shops, boat rentals and other tourist and hospitality attractions. Podgora abounds with white pebble beaches that stretch along the entire settlement, as well as for a few kilometers from Podgora to the neighboring settlements Tucepi and Drasnice, where the sea is clear without any industrial or other pollution. The beaches located outside of the settlement are covered with pine trees and can be comfortable all day staying on the beach in the sun or in shade. Two bigger beaches that are located outside of the settlement, distanced from the house about 10 and 20 min walk along the coastline have restaurants that daily offer food and drinks. Podgora has a long tradition of naturist FFK beaches and nudist/naturist tourism is now enabled on the beach Dračevac which is only 15-20 minutes walk from the house or by car to no more than 5 minutes.
In Podgora you can enjoy various water sports such as diving, paragliding, go on trips to the Nature Park Biokovo (above Podgora) or enjoy walks along 4 km of coastal shore walking area.